Outdoor workshop combines a staff naturalist’s insight with technical tips from a professional photographer.
This workshop is for serious amateur photographers. Join Jeff Goldberg and Allison Frederick in the field as they point out interesting landscapes and local flora and fauna related to the current season. Familiarize yourself with the mental checklist of how to best represent a photo subject in terms of its environmental context, exposure and use of natural lighting.
We will meet at Ethel's Woods to explore autumn beauty along a recently restored stream, overlooking one of Lake County's largest oak woodlands. Dress in warm layers, and be prepared for changing weather in a beautiful fall setting. This program is completely outdoors.
Requirements for attendees:
• DSLR (preferred) or SLR (film/analog) camera body with manual exposure capability
• Any lenses owned (e.g. wide, telephoto, macro, etc.)
• Tripod (able to carry during our hike)
• Ability to operate your camera in manual mode
• Warm, layered clothing and boots with good tread
This program is held completely outdoors. Please dress for the weather and wear sturdy shoes for hiking. If inclement weather occurs, participants can call the General Offices at 847‑367-6640 one day prior to the class if the weather forecast is poor.