Outdoor workshop for serious amateur photographers. Combines Naturalist's insight with technical tips from a professional photographer. February is sure to provide interesting photo subjects: ice formations, wintery streams, and more.
Advance your photography skills and knowledge of the natural calendar during adventures in the field with staff naturalists. This workshop is for serious amateur photographers. Each session focuses on a particular subject and photographic technique related to the current season.
Requirements for attendees:
• DSLR (preferred) or SLR (film/analog) camera body with manual exposure capability
• Any lenses owned (e.g. wide, telephoto, macro, etc.)
• Tripod (able to carry during our hike)
• Ability to operate your camera in manual mode
• Layered clothing, hiking shoes/boots and a flashlight
This program is held completely outdoors, partially at night. Please dress for the weather and wear sturdy shoes for hiking. If inclement weather occurs, participants can call the programming hotline at 847‑968‑3113 one hour prior to the class for an update and/or reschedule information.