Independence Grove: North Bay Pavilion
This rustic outdoor event setting is situated on the scenic North Bay at Independence Grove. A striking cedar pavilion and adjacent open area are perfect for a corporate picnic, outdoor wedding or any other lakeside special event.
The site can accommodate up to 500 guests and offers a large parking lot, running water, flush toilets, picnic tables, a large stone fireplace, a grill, sand volleyball court, private pier, and bicycling, hiking, roller blading and jogging trails. There is ample open area nearby to set up amusements and entertainment. For an additional charge, your guests may access the beautiful swimming beach and have use of the pedal boats on the lake.
Note: Dogs and other pets are not allowed at this preserve.
500: Shelter and surrounding area
Making Your Reservation
Permits for the North Bay Pavilion are booked through Picnics, Inc., a Catering by Michael's Company (a licensee of the Lake County Forest Preserves). Call 847-966-6555 for rates and availability.
Rules and Regulations
- Leash and pick up litter from pets.
- Decorations permitted for events – use only tape and/or thumbtacks. You may put up signs directing people to your shelter. All decorations and signs must be removed when event is finished. Do not attach anything to Forest Preserve signs.
- Please clean up shelter area before leaving.
- Alcoholic beverages are permitted; must be 21 years of age. You may not consume any alcoholic beverage upon or within 100 feet of any parking area. Host liquor liability insurance is available but not mandatory.
- Park only in lots.
- Service roads are for unloading and loading only. Do not leave vehicles parked on service road. If you need use of the service road, please place a request for the gate to be dropped at the time you reserve the shelter.
Picnic Tables: 30
Any vendors hired by the permit holder to provide special activities, including catering, must be licensed with the Lake County Forest Preserve District for the current year. Approved vendors for each special activity permitted at this shelter are listed in document below.