Hiking or jogging is the most popular activity in the forest preserves. More than 168 miles of trails provide year-round opportunities for exercise and quality time outdoors.
As hikers share our many multipurpose trails with others who want to enjoy the outdoors, please follow these rules of common sense and courtesy.
- Leash and pick up after your pet.
- Walk on the right.
- Allow space on the left for others to pass.
- Remember that bicycles and horses may be passing you from behind.
- Use caution around horses.
- Keep on marked trails.
- Collecting and littering are prohibited.