Don’t send your Christmas tree to the landfill, drop it off with us for recycling.
Donated trees are chipped and used for trails and landscaping at forest preserves throughout Lake County.
Bring your tree to a drop-off site at one of the following forest preserves, open daily from 6:30 am to sunset:
- Grant Woods in Fox Lake—drop trees off at Monaville Road entrance, second parking lot.
- Greenbelt in Waukegan—drop trees off next to maintenance facility.
- Half Day in Vernon Hills—drop trees off next to maintenance facility.
- Heron Creek in Long Grove—drop trees off at Shelter A.
- Lakewood in Wauconda—drop trees off along Forest Preserve Drive.
- Old School in Libertyville—drop trees off near main entrance.
- Ryerson Woods in Deerfield—drop trees off at the end of main entrance road.
- Van Patten Woods in Wadsworth—drop trees off by the Shelter A parking area.
Drop-offs accepted at the marked sites only between December 26 and February 1.
Only undecorated, real Christmas trees can be accepted; no yard waste. Commercial drop-offs are prohibited.